It’s been a long winter, and a cold one at that, but one of the good things about winter is it keeps pests in hibernation. Now that spring is on the way, you may start to see flying termites, also known as swarmers, entering Arkansas homes and looking for places to bring the family to the nest. If you need a termite inspection in Cabot, termite treatment in Little Rock, or just need to know how to get rid of termites in Conway, Jacksonville, Benton, Malvern, Hot Springs or Bryant then give our team at Clark Exterminating a call today. We have over 30 years of experience dealing with these pesky pests, and we can help no matter your bug problem.
Spring is the most popular time for homeowners to face termite infestations, and these insects can cause immense damage to your property in a short amount of time. That’s why it’s a good (and cost-efficient) idea to get regular termite inspections to make sure your home is free of these nasty bugs. However, there are also some easy ways to keep termites out and protect your property. Here are the top 10 tips for termite prevention:
1. Schedule an annual termite inspection with a licensed Little Rock pest control professional. Termites are often not covered by insurance, and the best way to keep termites out is to check for warning signs regularly.
2. Don’t give termites a reason to enter your home by limiting the amount of moisture in and around your house.
3. Winter storms have left many homes with some exterior damage. Make sure you repair and replace loose mortar and weather stripping near your windows or basement.
4. Make sure your shingles, soffits, and fascia are fully repaired and functional.
5. Do a self-inspection of your foundation regularly. Good things to look for include cracked or bubbling paint, mud tubes, or hollow-sounding wood.
6. Keep firewood 20 feet or more away from your home (a good idea for more than just termite infestations. Spiders, roaches, and ants also can easily invade your home through firewood).
7. Check your faucets, pipes, or exterior AC unit to make sure they haven’t been damaged by the winter weather. Extra moisture attracts all kinds of insects.
8. Keep an 18-inch distance between the ground and any wooden portions of your home. This should make it difficult for termites to gain entrance.
9. April showers are coming – make sure all water is diverted away from your home by drains or gutters.
10. Keep an eye out in your home’s interior for swarmers and any signs of infestation. Here are a few more tips when it comes to termites.
Unfortunately, DIY termite treatment often does more harm than good, and these pests are so aggressive and dangerous that it’s almost always worth the trouble to call an experienced Arkansas termite professional to handle your infestation. At Clark Exterminating, we’ll give you the best advice for dealing with your unique termite problem and take care of you every step of the way. Give us a call at 501-712-3721 for the greater Benton area or 501-588-2514 if you live near Little Rock.