If you are a homeowner, you probably take pride in solving problems around the house. You can certainly repaint a bedroom, but you probably shouldn’t attempt to rewire your electrical sockets without professional guidance. The same goes for pest control. Some insect problems are definitely bigger than a simple DIY project. Our team at Clark Exterminating has put together this helpful list: “10 Signs That it’s Time to Call the Pros.”
1. Mud Tubes – If you see mud tubes in your home or on your home’s foundation, it’s time to call for help. These are usually the first visible signs of a termite infestation. They are about the size of a pencil and serve as a gateway for termites into your home.
2. Visual Damage – Damage inside your home or on your personal possessions is one of the most obvious signs of a bug problem. Termites enjoy the wood from furniture and walls, while roaches, beetles, and moths can slowly eat away drywall and even clothing.
3. Strange Smells – Bedbugs and roaches can generate a strange smell when they are infesting a home, like sour or spoiled fruit. This odor means there is a large colony of pests inside your home. Our exterminators can get rid of the pests and the smell.
4. Skin Irritation or Bites – If you or a family member wakes up with unexplained bites or skin irritation, call Clark Exterminating right away. This could be a sign that bedbugs have made it into your home and are feeding during the night.
5. Dead Bugs – If you’re seeing a lot of dead bugs throughout your house, it could be a sign of a larger problem. Many more could be living in the walls of your home.
6. Nest of Stinging Insects – Half a million people each year go to the emergency room because of a stinging insect. If you see a nest of them outside your home, avoid getting stung and call the pros.
7. Recurring Problems – The DIY approach can work for a short time. However, if the same problems keep reoccurring, it’s time to look to someone else for help.
8. Using Poison or Traps – Consider other members in your household, including young children or pets, before bringing poison or traps into your home. An exterminator not only uses these products on a regular basis but will also know the tips and tricks to keep children and pets safe during the process.
9. You’re Overwhelmed – Don’t treat your home like a science lab and buy 10 different kinds of sprays and traps. Let our pros at Clark Exterminating customize the treatment for your home.
10. Long-Term – Sure you may think you just have a small problem right now, but what about this time next year? At Clark Exterminating we can schedule regular pest control services and make sure that your current problem is solved and that your home is pest-free in the future!
When it comes to homeownership, there are many things you can “DIY.” However, pest control shouldn’t be one of them. If any of your issues made our list above, give Clark Exterminating a call today and remember, “The Bug Stops Here”!
Little Rock: 501-228-0322
North Little Rock: 501-725-0614
Hot Springs: 501-623-2335